FineCal's systems are fully certified to ISO9001:2008 and we're almost prepared for ISO9001:2015 in 2018.
Our attention to quality is paramount. Our objective is to get all elements absolutely right "1st TIME". Our set target is zero - no complaints; no non-conformances; no corrective actions. Our last review in June shows we were running at 0.15% down from 0.21%.
Originally certified in 1992 to BS5750 an addition to our existing MOD approval. 25 years on, we've introduced our Integrated System combining Quality, Health & Safety and Environment disciplines so that processes, risks and methods can be assessed and acted upon for improved effectiveness.
For your information, just click on our downloadable pdf Group Quality Profile Pack. Here you can see our policies, organisational chart, ISO certificate and customer approvals all within one document.
Our customer approvals include:-
- GKN Aerospace - Filton (inc. Airbus) to: QA-GKNAF000018-1
- BAE to: BAE/AG/20415/MAA
- Leonardo (AgustaWestland) to: V00679 03c (Electrical Accessories + Components) and 04b (Non-Metallic Raw Materials)
- Aim Aviation (Jecco) to: AA/J/466
- Airbus UK Limited
- Ultra Electronics
RoHS and REACh
RoHS (Restriction of certain Hazardous Substances) + WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) are two European Directives introduced to ensure environmental procedures are followed by manufacturers, importers and supply chains especially in markets relating to automotive, electronic, electrical equipment & components. Medical devices, Monitoring & Control instruments remain exempt for now in RoHS and restricts new electrical & electronic equipment from containing specific substances such as flame retardants. If these ingredients are above fixed maximum levels, then they should not be included or sold: ideally safe alternatives should be incorporated within the manufacturing process.
Chemicals defined by RoHS are:-
- Hexavalent Chromium
- Polybrominated Biphenyl (PBB)
- Polybrominated Diphenyl Ether (PBDE) flame retardants
End products covered by RoHS (non-exhaustive list) are:-
- Large or Small household appliances
- IT and telecommunications equipment
- Consumer equipment
- Electrical and electronic tools (not large scale stationary industrial tools)
- Toys, leisure and sports equipment
- Automatic dispensers
REACh (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and restriction of Chemicals) is a system that has replaced many EU directives & regulations (EC 1907/2006) in order to highlight those substances that are classed as severe (as latest released 7th July 2017).
Chemicals have potentially unknown risks to health because they may have never been fully evaluated. REACh aims to make those originators / importers / suppliers who place chemicals on to the market responsible for controlling the risks associated with their use and reducing / eradicating SVHC's (severe hazardous chemicals) to less than 0.01% by weight. It's a possibility that as a direct result of these restrictions, chemicals / substances may have to be withdrawn and if there are no viable substitutes to their make-up, then products could be made obsolete altogether.
The European Chemicals Agency in Finland manage the REACh process throughout the EU.
FineCal is classed as a distributor and downstream user of articles (products). This means that as a:-
- Distributor: FineCal sources from approved manufacturers / suppliers for stock and delivery purposes to customers. We undertake regular checks on products procured to ensure compliance by cross-referencing CAS codes.
- Downstream: We blend & mix colours to customer requirements - both in our Label print and Screen ink colour matching services. As we utilise compliant ink ranges with related thinning agents, we do not change the basic structure of the articles and thus they remain compliant.
Of course, we expect our suppliers / manufacturers to take due care throughout their supply chain and review materials accordingly.
Contact email@example.com if you need assistance.